Browser based maintenance is one of the best features of a modern business phone system. If you have an NEC IPK2 or newer system, this feature is available to you with NEC’s Web Pro. Below we review some of the most basic features of this program.
Web Pro for the NEC SV8100 and IPK2
To start the program:
- Open Internet explorer (Web pro does not work properly with Chrome)
- In the web address field enter the IP address of the phone system
- Enter your user name then password. Both the user name and password are case sensitive.
- Default user name: ADMIN1
- Default password: 0000 (four zero’s)
If you are unable to log in:
- Check your IP address
- Check your user name and password, remember both are case sensitive
- Check your internet access and access to your network. Both are needed to access Web Pro
- Call SoundTel for help
Swapping two phone locations
Available with the SV8100 software 3.0 and above. If you own a SV8100 and do not see the following feature, you will need a firmware upgrade.
- Log into the phone system administration page see “To start the program” above
- Click on the Swap icon
- Use the drop down menu to select the two extensions you want to swap locations
- Ensure both users are not on the phone
- Click the Apply button to save
- All of the data for the phone is now swapped including name, buttons, extension number, and voicemail box
Change the name displayed on a phone
- Log into the phone system administration page (see “To start the program” above)
- Click on the System data icon
- Click on 15.XX Extension setup to expand the column
- Click on 15.01 Extension basic setup
- Use the drop down menu to locate the extension name you want to change and click on it
- In the field 01 Name clear the previous name and type the new name of the extension
- Click on the Apply button to save
For over 25 years, we have assisted companies like yours in their every communications need. We are a local, family-owned business invested in our community. Contact SoundTel or call 425.481.5493 or 800.797.3663 to learn about internet security, anti-virus, firewall protection and more. Arrange for your free 15 minute CheckIn communications system analysis and SoundTel can help make sure your business is protected.