If you have an older NEC system, SoundTel has an important notice: as of April 1st, 2014, NEC no longer supports the NEAX 2400 & 2000 family of products. Now that these systems have reached their end-of-life, it is critical that you understand the impact of this change and what to do to avoid the possibility of system failure and interruption to your business.
What does this mean for you? Since there will be no support for NEAX 2400 & 2000 product, if your business is still using these systems, continuing to operate an end-of-life/end-of-support communication system poses a number of risks to your organization, including loss of:
- Newly manufactured replacement parts
- Software support
- Technical support from the manufacturer
- New software enhancements
Because keeping your businesses operations are critical, we believe it is urgent that you take action to ensure continued support of your NEC voice PBX systems. NEC and SoundTel suggests customers like you migrate to the latest UNIVERGE technologies. We know you understand how critical your voice communications system is to running your businesses. Here are some upgrade suggestions:
- UNIVERGE® SV8500—the evolution of the NEAX 2400 platform that maintains all existing features and functionality.
- UNIVERGE 3C—the software-based platform that utilizes open services and standards, meeting your needs both today and in the future.
- UNIVERGE Cloud Services Unified Communication-as-a-Service—the software-based platform that allows access to the 3C platform in the cloud, eliminating on-premises equipment and on-site maintenance.
SoundTel can help you find the perfect phone upgrade for your current NEC system. For 30 years, we have assisted companies like yours in their every communications need. We are a local, family-owned business invested in our community. Contact SoundTel or call 425.481.5493 or 800.797.3663 to learn more.